Sunday, July 24, 2022

 

Tavern of Terror: Short Horror Stories Anthology. Volume One. Scare Street, 2022


A collection of a dozen tales of horror, which all have in common Hannigan’s bar and it’s bartender, Harry. Half of the stories are by Ian Fortey, with a couple by Sara Clancy, a couple by Simon Cluett, and one each by David Longhorn and Kevin Saito.

While the stories are all good, some are more sci-fi than horror. I don’t have a problem with that- I read both- but some folks might be disappointed by that. What did disappoint me was that only the first couple of stories really involved Hannigan’s; in the rest of the stories, it barely rated a mention. And I swear I’ve read a lot of these stories before. Still, like I said, the stories are all well written and have great ideas in them! Four stars; I had to take a star off for not using Hannigan’s well.

No comments:

Post a Comment