Friday, January 4, 2013

2012

In 2012, I read 100 books. Admittedly, some of them were short- mostly the ebooks- but still, my yearly total usually comes up somewhere around 75 or so. I didn't set out to read 100 books; it just happened. Okay, I didn't set out to do it until around mid-December when I realized how close I was to that number and decided what the heck, I'd shoot for it. I did purposely avoid starting a long book right then, putting off the newest Joyce Carol Oates novel until January first. I finished number 100 around 9 PM on New Year's Eve.

I doubt I'll reach that number again, unless I'm invalided in some way. It's not really an achievement- I wasn't reading the 100 greatest books in history or anything like that. There was some nonfiction and some literary novels, but there was also a lot of steampunk and horror in there. But, still, some weird ego place in me went "Hey, cool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment